HAIL, HURRICANE & WIND DAMAGE INSURANCE CLAIMS
Texans are used to severe weather; windstorms, rainstorms, ice storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, and hail storms. Often natural disasters result in property damage, and the damage may be so severe that you will need to file an insurance claim. When property has been catastrophically damaged, time is of the essence. Often times insurance companies will delay or deny claims in order to avoid having to pay you for the full value of damages. Insurance companies are looking to save money at any cost, and your adjuster may cut corners to do so. To ensure that you receive sufficient coverage for the damages done, reach out to an experienced, supportive insurance litigation lawyer. The Buckley Law Group has helped multiple policyholders recover the full amount of monetary damages caused by hail damage, hurricanes, and windstorms, and is capable of doing the same for you and your family.
Do I have a hail damage claim in Texas?
Hailstones range in size, and can cause slight to severe damage to your commercial or residential property. If your property has been damaged in any of the ways listed below, and you believe your insurance company is undercutting the amount of damages, you may have a hail storm insurance claim:
- Damaged vehicle;
- Roof damage;
- Broken windows;
- Siding damage;
- Damaged gutters;
- Water damage;
- AC replacement;
- Electrical damage
- Dented floors;
- And more.
Do I have a hurricane damage claim in Texas?
If you have suffered due to any of the following damages brought on by a hurricane, it’s in your best interest to file a hurricane damages claim:
- Roof Lifting/Roof Damages;
- Broken Windows;
- Lost/Damaged Siding;
- Damaged Garage Door;
- Projectile Damage;
- Moisture Damage;
- Fire Damage;
- Damage of Car;
- Damage Septic Tank;
- Property Losses – i.e. food, clothing, furniture, etc;
- Electrical and plumbing damage;
- Damage to Home Structure;
- And other types of Storm-Related Damage.
How do I file a hurricane insurance claim in Texas?
When filing a hurricane insurance claim in Texas, it’s important that you do the following in order to recover the full amount of monetary damages caused by the hurricane. Doing so will help you prove the severity of the damages, and will reduce the chances of a denied claim, or a partial settlement.
- Document the damages
- Take photos of the damage. If possible, have before photos taken as well. Documenting damages will help when you file your claim to display how badly your property was affected by the storm.
- Keep all receipts
- Insurance companies often undervalue damaged possessions when replacing them. Keep all receipts for your possessions and furniture. If they have been soaked from the storm, simply dry them out and file them with your claim.
- Hire a professional inspector
- While there may be some visible damage done to your property after a hurricane, don’t assume that is the only damage. Hire a certified inspector to do a complete investigation — some damage may not be obvious to the untrained eye. Likewise, some damage may not be noticeable up to a year after the storm.
- File your claim
- File your claim as soon as possible following the hurricane damage. Insurance companies will try to find any excuse to justify denying or delaying your claim. There are strict filing deadlines, and your insurance company may undervalue your claim if you wait to file.
Is my wind damage claim being handled in good faith?
If your insurance company is acting in bad faith regarding your wind damage claim in Texas, it’s imperative that you understand that these actions or omissions are intolerable in Texas. These serious violations include:
- Failure to investigate damage promptly and completely
- Creating unnecessary payment delays
- Hiring biased adjusters that are motivated to under assess property damage
- Making small, unfair settlement offers
Why you should hire the The Buckley Law Group
The knowledge and experience of The Buckley Law Group will help your claim immensely. Filing your claim can become difficult, and many times, insurance companies are acting in their best interest as opposed to their policyholders. However, The Buckley Law Group will know how to communicate with your insurance company to support your claim, will send qualified, independent engineers to evaluate your damage, and will ensure that your rights are protected. Having handled similar cases over our years of practice, our office knows when to be aggressive and when to fight, what damages you are entitled to, and will support you throughout the process. The Buckley Law Group is sensitive to how difficult this time may be for you and your family, and will stop at nothing in order to secure a payout for all of your damages.